Organic SpirulinaOur Raw Organic Spirulina is a type of live blue-green algae found in most lakes and ponds. It has been consumed for thousands of years by Mexican (Aztecs, Mayans), African, and Asian peoples. Raw Spirulina is considered a complete protein because well over half of it consists of amino acids the building blocks of protein. It is also a rich source of other nutrients including B complex vitamins, beta-carotene, vitamin E, carotenoids, manganese, zinc, copper, iron, selenium and gamma linolenic acid (an essential fatty acid). Imagine a vegetable with more protein than soy, more Vitamin A than carrots, more iron than beef, profound source of protective phytochemicals, naturally low in fat, source of the essential fatty acid GLA and is easy to digest.
Spirulina promotes health in many ways. It powerfully protects from oxidative stress and strongly supports the immune system and a healthy inflammatory response. Scientific studies suggest it may be especially good for the brain, heart, immune system and more. Spirulina has been used since ancient times as a source of nutrients and has been said to possess a variety of medical uses, including antioxidant, antiviral, antineoplastic, weight loss aid and lipid-lowering agent.
Spirulina likes to grow in hot and alkaline environments which helps ensure its hygienic status, as no other organisms can survive to pollute the waters in which this algae thrives. Spirulina is in fact one of the cleanest, most naturally sterile foods found in nature. Its adaptation to heat also assures that Spirulina retains its nutritional value when subjected to higher temperatures during processing and shelf storage, unlike many plant foods that rapidly deteriorate at high temperatures.
Organic raw Spirulina is a type of live blue-green algae and a natural source of small quantities of Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI). Iodine is a chemical element essential for the production of thyroid hormones that regulate growth and metabolism. Diets deficient in iodine increase risk of retarded brain development in children (cretinism), mental slowness, high cholesterol, lethargy, fatigue, depression, weight gain, and goiter: a swelling of the thyroid gland in the neck. The natural Potassium iodide (KI) / Iodine from Spirulina is absorbed by your body more slowly and safely than chemical or synthetic iodine. Further Spirulina helps promote an alkaline pH balance within the body and also boosts the immune system.
Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI), administered orally immediately after exposure to certain types of radiation, may be used to protect the thyroid from ingested radioactive iodine. But Potassium iodide (KI) would only be effective if the radiation contains radioactive iodine.
NUTRITIONAL STATISTICS OF RAW ORGANIC SPIRULINA:
● Spirulina contains more nutrition gram per gram than any other product in the world!
● 3 grams of our organic Spirulina have the same amount of phytonutrients as 5 servings of fruits & vegetables
● Spirulina has 300% more calcium than whole milk (good for bones, osteoporosis, growth of children)
● Spirulina has 3900% more Beta Carotene than carrots (good for eyes, strong antioxidant, immunity)
● Spirulina has 375% more protein than tofu (building block for muscle tissue, necessary in diet)
● Over 200 scientific studies have been done showing potential health benefits of Spirulina
Our raw Spirulina is organically cultivated far from industrial centers at a GMP and ISO 9001 certified facility located on the lush and pristine Hainan island in the South China Sea.
SOME POSSIBLE BENEFITS OF OUR RAW ORGANIC SPIRULINA:
● Boosting a healthy immune system
● Rare food source of the essential fatty acid GLA
● Supporting healthy inflammatory response
● High in B-12 and easy-to-absorb iron
● Supporting healthy brain function
● Excellent source for RNA
● Supporting healthy heart function
● Natural source of Iodine / Potassium iodide (KI)
● Lipid-lowering properties
● Highly digestible
● Rich in antioxidants
● Antiviral, & antineoplastic properties
● Boosting energy & cellular health
● Containing small quantities of natural iodine